Last weeks craft project

Last week was hot.  And by hot I mean miserable, sticky and sweaty.  So I tried to come up with some stuff to keep the kids busy inside.  Our life currently revolves around My Little Pony, so of course I had to include that in the mix.  I've seen these cute Popsicle stick puzzles all over the internet and just so happened to have a bag of Popsicle sticks laying around.

Supplies:
Popsicle sticks
Mod Podge
image
exacto knife
patient toddlers


Lay out enough popsicle sticks for your image to fit.  I used the skinny popsicle
sticks because that's what I already had, but the wide one would work way better. 

Put a coat of Mod Podge on the popsicle sticks and lay your image on top.  
I ended up having to do this step because the sticks were sliding all over the place.  

Put another coat of Mod Podge over the image.  

Wait for the Mod Podge to dray and listen to your kids whine about how 
they want to do more and "are they done yet?"

I decided to use puff paint to number the pieces and write the ponies
names on the sticks so they could practice their counting and number
and letter recognition.  ***I should have used a different color for the letters
than the numbers because some of the letters look like numbers when they 
are upside down, and can be a little confusing

Once everything is dry, use your exacto knife to cut the image along each
popsicle stick.  All done!

The girls were pretty excited to play with the puzzles when they were done.  Abby and Zoey understood pretty quickly how to do them.  Cherry thinks the popsicle sticks taste yummy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment