I started this project a few weeks ago, although it feel like a took forever to finish it. I am so in love with the way it came out. It looks exactly how it looked in my head, it's so exciting when that actually happens.
As I had said before, I used a paint that we had laying around, got some little plastic feet to protect the bench where it may possibly sit in water if it rains, and I ordered some outdoor UV fabric to make the cushion. I tried really hard to do this project "right" with the proper materials that will stand up to being outside. We just need to get a coat of outdoor sealer on the bench so the paint will last as long as possible and it'll be completely done!