Things I'm missing right now

The house has been pretty hectic with the new baby.  I don't mean to complain..... well maybe I do, but there are a few things that I've been missing lately.

My waist.  It's slowly coming back.  I can fit into my regular clothes now, but it ain't too pretty.

Sleep.  Oh sweet sleep how I miss you.

Having time to put on a bit of make up in the mornings.  Now I don't typically wear much make up.  A bit of mascara with a little cat eye liquid eyeliner and some blush if I'm feeling pale (which is all the time).  I just haven't found the time to get it done.  I'm lucky if I get everyone dressed and fed and out the door.  I look forward to getting back to this routine sometime soon.

Having time to run a curling iron through my hair.  I love experimenting and playing with my hair.  Another thing I look forward to getting back to.

My husband. Things have been such a whirl wind around here, I feel like we haven't been able to talk and hang out with each other in ages.  What I'd give to be able to go out on a date with him..

Sewing.  I have so many projects waiting for me.  So many pieces I want to make for my summer wardrobe and the kids.  And so many ideas for hats.  I usually do my sewing in the evening after everyone has gone to bed, but lately I've been working out on the Kinect or just zoning out on the couch and enjoying the quiet.

All of these things I miss are totally worth missing.  My little man has been smiling a lot the past few days and getting a little better about hanging out by himself when I'm trying to get things done.  But I still need to vent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment