Weekend Magic

My weekends usually start Friday afternoons because Josh gets out of work around lunch time.  This past Friday morning I packed the kids up and headed to the zoo to meet some of our great friends and their kids.  It was ridiculously humid, I was covered in sweat by the time I got everyone strapped in their car seats.  We strolled through a bit of the zoo then headed to the snack area so the kids could have an early lunch.  After lots of sharing and trading snacks, we headed out to explore the rest of the zoo and we were met with a crazy rain storm.  The kids (and my self) all ended up soaked between playing in the rain and attempting to get to the car.
I can't express how thankful I am for my fellow mommy friends.  It is difficult to bring the 4 kids under the age of 4  out and about on play dates, but the other moms in our awesome little group always help out more than I could ever expect.  Weather it's helping out by taking them on the carousel, or running one or two of them to the bathroom for me, I really don't think I could do it with out them.  Thank you.  I feel like I don't say it enough!





Saturday was filled with errands and must dos.  Josh took the girls to the splash park while Cherry napped at home and I attempted to work out with the Kinect and Jasper interrupted me the whole time.  Saturday night I had a wonderful girls night (with Jasper) and Lorna.  We stuffed our faces at Mellow Mushroom, then walked around Down Town Delray talking and laughing.  I need more nights like that.

Sunday Josh was at a trunk sale at Tate's Comic Store trying to get rid of some of his old toys and such most of the day.  His dad came up to help me keep the girl busy.  We got some breakfast at Panera, spent a good chunk of time at our newly renovated neighborhood playground, got Publix fried chicken, watermellon and lemonade for lunch, then did some finger painting and ice pop eating at home. 







No comments:

Post a Comment